Saturday, April 24, 2010

Score 1 for the Good Guys

Slaughter-town happened last night, and you know it's bad when all the performers on stage are scowling with disappointment during the obligatory Idaho standing ovation... were they even listening?

Sorry, Mr. Antonin.

But really, I bring you here today to talk about Good Guys.
My dating life has been a mess lately. Fortunately, a mess means some form of dating is taking place. Unfortunately, a mess is not the preferred method of dating. Except, maybe it is for me subconsciously because I seem to be a pro at screwing things up.

BUT! get this! I think the Good Guys are winning this one! I have a tendency to go for the really... well, how should I say this? Confident guys. Sometimes (like everytime) they turn out to be excellent kissers but kinda crappy jerks. But I LOVE them anyways! And then I have to tell myself that in the end, they're not really the best for me...
So I'm currently in the dating pool, trying to find my fishy-poo, and there's one contender for the Good Guys. He's totally not my type...TOTALLY! He doesn't play frisbee, he doesn't do the music thing, and he is totally shorter than me. And you know what? I don't mind!
(stream of consciousness: this reminds me of the time when me and my brother Nate argued over that song that says "shawty is a melody in my head..." and I kept thinking the girl's name was charlie, but it turns out that calling someone shawty is like an endearing club-type-deal nick-name for Shorty. Who knew?)
--at least for now I feel like one of those angsty teenage books where finally the good guy gets his dues.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I love it. I look forward to reading this soap opera.

    ReplyDelete