Monday, May 3, 2010

Jesus Loves Me, This I Know

because the BIBLE tells me so! ha ha!

Actually really, The REAL reason I know He LOVES is that I finally had my first big field trip with my students on Saturday. I took 65 students, myself, my friend, Brian, and one parent (oh don't forget the 3 billion choir and band kids, blugh) down to Lagoon. I was a wreck the whole month of April pretty much...I'm still getting over it.

I'd been praying pretty much non-stop that my students wouldn't do anything too dumb, and that it would NOT be snowing/raining when we got to the park. We loaded the busses at the middle school, it rained. We rode these busses down to Centerville to do our performance, it rained. We got on the bus to go to Lagoon, it rained. We got off the bus at Lagoon and guess what? it rained. I got in the line for the first roller coaster, it stopped raining! And since it had been such miserable weather, the lines were non-existent. So for 6 hours God held off the rain while my students and I ran around like CRAZIES. I took roll at the busses to get back on the highway, and it rained on my clip board at exactly 6:30--our scheduled departure time.

Man, I LOVE GOD!

Now if you want something more entertaining than a sermon about God's greatness--which is a pretty good topic, I think. You should hear the dumb stuff my students did.
reminder: I teach orchestra, and pretty much have angels for students. Dumb angels, but angels nonetheless.
  • The choir kids were throwing Mike and Ikes into Sarah's jacket hood during the trip down
  • Jessica and Amanda lost their cell phones out of their pockets into the greasy motor room of the mouse trap ride only to run off after losing them, telling me to worry about it, to catch their friends on the Cliffhanger (I didn't worry about it)
  • Leo "pantsed" Ben on the bus in front of all the girls
  • Katie and Nate "HELD HANDS!!!!!!" on the bus (oh the drama)
  • Oh! and Cassie is SOOOO confused about Jared
  • Staci brought 6 pounds of gummy bears in a spiderman backpack and carted that thing throughout the park ALL DAY. She shared, so I thought it was less dumb once I got to eat them.

Just a little taste for the things that 7th and 8th graders are into. I haven't heard from the high school yet. I'll update you if it's anything as good as having to think about Ben in his boxers in front of all those orchestra girls. But I'm having to control my gag reflex so I'm gonna stop STOP thinking about that.

Don't worry--I changed their names...just in case it's illegal or anything

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and Ali was there!!! She was fabulous in every way, and I love her so very very much!

    ReplyDelete